A huge thank you goes to Shawny Lou from Writing in a Raindrop for nominating me for my first blog award: the Liebster Award! As she so eloquently explains, “The word Liebster is German and means dearest or lovely. The award is given to up and coming blogs with 200 or less followers.” Reading Shawny Lou’s blog has been such an inspiration for me, and I’m honored she thought of me. 🙂
According to the rules, if I wish to accept this distinguished award, which I do, I must create a post containing the following information:
- Link Back to the Blog that nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Answer Questions posted by you from your nominator
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Create 11 Questions for your nominees to answer
- Contact your nominees and let them know you’ve nominated them
I’d like to nominate the following blogs:
http://fortyandfantastique.wordpress.com/ – I love how she uses both English and French throughout her blog. This is one amazing lady (and not just for her mad language skills)!
http://bemuzin.com/ – She found me through fortyandfantastique, and I’m so glad she did! I’ve enjoyed reading her blogs for the A-Z Challenge and look forward to her future musings.
http://celinejeanjean.com/ – Very young blog but a very promising one! Her posts are thoughtful and full of style.
http://www.laurafoudy.blogspot.ch/ – The Life and Times of Master Dr. Laura, a missionary friend currently practicing medicine in the Republic of Congo.
Questions from Writing in a RainDrop:
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
If Seattle could be in Switzerland, I’d live there!
- What scares you?
- What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned about life over the past ten years?
People can’t always do what they say they will so I need to lower my expectations… I think I’m still learning this.
- If you could only pick one type of food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The blueberries from my parents’ driveway. Yum!
- What’s your favorite season, and why?
Does it count if I say I like the transitions between seasons? Especially winter-spring and fall-winter.
- Most disgusting food you’ve ever tried:
Oysters. Hands down!
- How long have you known your longest-lasting friend?
Wow, I just counted: 17 years!
- Do you believe in ghosts?
I don’t think so. But I’m convinced I took a picture of one once in the Butchart Gardens, British Columbia:
- Are you a night-owl or an early bird?
Early bird, without a doubt. Always have been and probably always will be.
- What is the title of your favorite blog post (that you’ve written)?
One that is currently a draft! “My four-letter word”
- What made you decide to start blogging?
I wrote a guest post for paperplanes and didn’t want to be just a name that no one could click on. So I started a blog of my own!
Random facts about me:
- According to an autistic girl I used to teach, my inner animal is this:
At first, I was horrified. Then I looked into it. Characteristics include intelligent, social, adaptable, likes open spaces. In the end, I think she was right.
- I have a musical soul. I sang my first solo at age 2 1/2. Since then, I have taken up the piano and the violin. Songs always get stuck in my head, and it is futile to ask my what my favorite song is as it constantly changes. My newest adventure is playing the saxophone I inherited from my grandfather.
- Yes, Jesus loves me.
- Wherever I live, I get to know my neighbors.
- Yesterday, one of my young neighbors and I made bracelets. 🙂
- This year, we planted a (very small) fig tree in our balcony garden. It had one fig growing on it, and I broke it off 😦 ! Hopefully more will grow!
- In this age of smartphones and technology, I still use a paper agenda.
- Snail mail trumps all other forms of written communication.
- Ever since my trip to French Guyana in 2007, my love of hammocks has grown 100-fold.
- This year, the hubby and I are looking forward to a huge adventure: a two-week survival-type vacation on a private Asian island! Photos to come upon our return, obviously! 🙂
- A few things on my travel bucket list are: Go to every continent. Trek in Nepal and Peru. Stay at the Giraffe Manor in Kenya. Visit Vaadhoo, Maldives for their glowing beach.
Questions for my nominees:
- Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite smell? What does it remind you of?
- Can you fake any accents?
- Do you remember your dreams? If yes, are they in color or black and white?
- Have you ever milked a cow?
- Do you believe in Bigfoot?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- Who do you miss the most right now?
- Name two things still on your bucket list and one thing you’ve already crossed off!
- The best part of waking up is…?